Dear Baby,
So, tomorrow morning, I start my training for your entrance into the world. I'm getting up (voluntarily) at 6:30am to hit the gym before work. I figure this is good practice since you probably aren't going to let me sleep in for the next 12 years. Then I am going to be dragging your butt out of bed when you become a teenager.
Your mom is starting her English courses again tomorrow. She has worked remarkably hard at improving her English since she came to Canada with me back in December 2008. Right now, she's taking 3 different courses. You, however, are going to have it made. You are going to be raised both English and Korean. Believe me, there are some parents back in Korea who would sacrifice a couple of toes to have that opportunity for their child. We're even considering putting you into a french immersion school so that you can be trilingual. We've got a few years to mull that one over though.
More and more people are finding about about you. Everyone is very happy for us to be having you. Our family and close friends understand just how important you are to us already. I think about you throughout the day. I think about how our lives are going to change. I look at other parents with their kids and think about how I will treat you in similar situations. I think about your mom and how wonderful of a mother she is going to be. Hopefully, one day, you will understand just how lucky you are to have your mom. I hope there isn't a day in my life where I don't appreciate having your mom as my wife and the mother of my child/children (sorry, you aren't the only one in the grand plan).
Well, I hope you are enjoying you stay in Hotel Uterus. Maybe I will get our first pictures of you in here soon for you to see one day...
Love, Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha - hotel uterus... nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nico!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I do like "Hotel Uterus". It's so cute!!!