Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Introduction...

Dear Baby,

To be honest, I have been thinking about doing this for a while. I thought it would be interesting to get my thoughts down somewhere and pass them along to you one day. Maybe I think that it will help you when you have a child of your own one day...maybe I think it will just help me. It could be that you will just feel awkward if you ever have the opportunity to read this, but for now you are about the size of a plum, so you don't get much say in the matter.

I guess I should start by telling you what you are doing right now. You are with your mom, resting snugly inside her belly while she sleeps. Your mom is really good at that, she sleeps a lot these days(not to mention feeling nauseous, bloated and dizzy...yet she still loves you). Your mom is just over 11 weeks pregnant with you, so you have a long time left being inside of her. Don't let that fool you though. You have already made a huge impact on both of our lives.

We had our first ultrasound on Wednesday (Sept 9, 2009) and got to see our very first picture of you. You look like a little white shadow of something that could be human on the bottom of a big black blob. You may not think that sounds like something to get excited about, but you mom and I were both elated to see you. Then we got to see your heart beat (because you are currently see-through). It was pumping away at 140 beats per minute! I don't really know how to explain the feelings that I felt to see those pictures. I've never felt anything quite like it. All I really know for now is that it was a great moment that I will never forget.

What I need for you to do for now is to keep on growing! We'll do our best to give you a good environment to grow in and you just do your thing. I can promise you that your mom and I are incredibly excited to meet you! You are due April 2nd, so we will see how that works out. In the meantime, I will continue to fill you in on what your mom and I up to as you come into our lives.

Love, Dad

4 comments:

  1. this might just be the CUTEST thing I've ever seen/read in my life... in the manliest of ways of course...

    congrats!!! I'm so excited for mini nico!! (or nico-ette... whatever)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I admit it. I cried. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...this made me cry! It's so incredibly thoughtful and sweet. I'm still sniffling. Baby is going to be soooo loved:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you. I love our baby. I am so happy and I feel so lucky that I have such a wonderful husband. Thank you for making this for our baby. You are awesome!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete