Friday, September 18, 2009

Maternity Clothes

Dear Baby,

Well, you've officially started to affect your mom and dad in a different way. Straight through our pocketbook! Your mom bought her first maternity jeans today. If I do say so, they are awesome. Think normal jeans with a GIANT elastic band on the top instead of belt loops. I think that your mom was skeptical at first but when she put them on she told me that they were very comfortable. She put them on and stuck her tummy out to try to look more pregnant. This is when I discovered one of your mom's hidden talents. Your mom can make herself look 6 months pregnant in a flash. It really gave us a good picture of what those pants are going to look like in a couple of months. I'm convinced that your mom is going to wear them whenever she feels hungry so that she can not be held back by tight pants. It's like Joey in Friends on Thanksgiving. "Here come the meat sweats!" I guess that one might be before your time.

Now, as for the pocketbook. Your mom looked at a couple of pairs of pants and had a pair picked out. Then the sales person mentioned that we should check out the "Clearance" clothes in the back. So we did. There was one rack of clothes listed "As Is" meaning that there is generally something wrong with the clothes. We saw shirts with holes, clothes with dye stains...then this pair of maternity jeans. It was marked as 90% off. So I start looking for something wrong with them but I can't find anything. Your mom does the same and she can't find anything. So in the end, we bought the clearance pair instead of the regular pair. It set us back a whole $3.90. If the pants make it through the wash without falling apart, I think we came away the winners in that transaction.

So the lesson of the day is that a lot of the stuff in the clearance rack is crap...but every once in a while you can find a gem, so it doesn't hurt to take a quick look!

Your mom is lying in bed reading. It's 10pm and she is still awake! She's gained a little weight this week and she is telling me that it's because of you. She's going to be so cute as the months go by. She will get a little round face and a big round belly. Next week, we are going to get a picture of your mom's belly and each month we will take new pictures. Maybe I will put them in here so that one day you will understand why you owe so much to your mom.

Sleep well Baby.

Love, Dad

3 comments:

  1. What a bargain! I love my new jeans. They are SUPER ULTRA COMFY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for clearance racks! Takes time to look through but so worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what saved us a ton of money was a little gem called "BelliBand". I didn't have to buy one pair of maternity pants my whole pregnancy. You guys should check it out!

    And never tell Yuni her face is getting round, even if it is. Trust me (or Edmund. He learned the hard way)

    ReplyDelete