Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas is a Busy Time!

Dear Jisu,

I know, I know...it's been a while. But in my defense, not a lot of exciting stuff was going on and I was busy getting ready for Christmas. I figured now that I have some more time on my hands, it was a good time to catch you up on you.

First of all, you scored big time in the Christmas department. You started out before the holidays having 2 stuffed animals, a book, and a blanket. Now you have 6 or 7 stuffed animals, 2 blankets, a couple books, a pile of clothes, an "award winning" toy(according to your Uncle Chris) and a bathtub! Yes, I know that it may not sound like a sweet Christmas to you, but it was wonderful for your mom and I! Your mom and I also got a digital camcorder which is going to be great for making videos of you as you grow up! We can send them to your mom's parents because they are excited to see you grow as well!

Christmas is always a busy time of year. It's going to be interesting to see how Christmas plays out in the future once you are around. My generation of the family is all growing up and starting their own families. Usually every year, your Opa's side of the family all gets together in one place to spend Christmas together. Even your uncle Paul was able to come and spend Christmas with us this year, but who knows when that will happen again. Hopefully we can have some of our own holiday traditions that we stick to over the years.

New Year's day of 2010 is coming up on Friday. It's the year that you will be born! Your mom told me that you will be born in the year of the Tiger. Three months from now, we are going to be on high alert waiting for you to arrive, or else you will have already shown up! Very exciting times. We haven't really got anything ready for you yet, but the focus will be shifting to you after our vacation. We are going to Las Vegas next Sunday for a vacation. I will do my best to not bet away my first born son....but it's probably happened before...Your uncle Chris and I were pretty competitive back in our university days and there is a chance that I bet you away back then....I'm sure he won't hold me to it though....

We had an extra ultrasound today and got some new pictures of you. You're a heck of a lot bigger! You were opening and closing your mouth while we watched...in fact you looked kind of like a little Pac-man head. You were squirming all around but your mom can't feel most of your movements yet. We also re-confirmed that you ARE a boy. There was no mistaking it this time... You are currently about 2.5 lbs and about the size of a small football. We actually saw your kicking from the outside this morning. You're so much bigger and stronger than you used to be!

Well, I'm off to bed. Try not to keep your mom awake too much tonight. Sleep well!

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

  1. Jisuya!
    You are big! There is only your face this time on the ultrasound picture which was able to see whole your body before. I am so glad that you grow very well and are healthy. Good boy!!! ^^
    2010 is coming soon. It will be your year!
    Happy New Year, my little Jisu!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete